Friday, July 27, 2012

My Laptop gave up on me well...Almost

Laptop Overheating
Something freaky happened to me today.When i switched on my laptop for some reason the fan started making loud noises.I know a little more than an average in computer.So i thought the issue might be with the laptop overheating.I downloaded the application called Realtemp and found the temperature was minimum 92 and maximum 102.Sounds Scary doesn't it?Anyways i took this as a challenge and tried searching for what i could do to fix this.Thanks to the internet i came to know about something called as "Thermal Paste" which needs to be applied to keep the temperature in check.Thermal paste looked like a miracle to me as the temperature after applying it on the laptop went to a minimum 42 and a maximum of 75.The Maximum was a bit high but at least neither me of laptop will end up getting fried :).

1 comment: