Thursday, July 26, 2012

Need for speed:The Run not bad at all

Need for Speed The Run Box Cover art
Let me start of by being honest here.I am not a fan of racing games at all.However something made me play need for speed the run and as i played it i loved it and ended up finishing the whole game.what made me play the game??I love games based with a good storyline and need for speed the run just had that portion of it very well included in the game.

The game started off lagging a bit(No wonder as i was trying to play on ultra settings on a mid range graphics card AMD Radeon 6670 HD) but to my surprise the frame rates picked up a little later on as i continued playing on the same settings for and there was no lag whatsoever.

That makes my decision of buying an ATI graphics card rather than an Nvidia one a great buy.Well anyways coming back to the game it has great graphics,lovely storyline and as you keep playing you get more and more involved this is just the way i love it.one downside of this game was that it got over quickly and as i have said earlier since i am not a huge online gaming fan so i had to stop once the story completed but while it lasted it was really great.Need for speed the run brings back my faith in the NFS Series and i cant wait for the next installment of the series.If they do come up with something like this i would not mind taking a few days off work to play this as well as this will be time well spent.While praising the game so much let me get to the negative bit of it in detail.It shooted off my CPU temp to about 80 degrees which is quiet high well i don't have to blame the game entirely for this as it might well be something to do with my PC but still i feel the modern day developers should do something about it by trying to get the same to use less resources.To be honest i am not even sure if that's possible but it would be great if it could be.I am sure guys who still own processors like Pentium 3,4 would love it if they could run the game at least at low/medium settings but as the days are going by you get a graphics card today and it ends up being outdated tomorrow.well i guess we are living in a world of competition and nothing much can be done about it rather than us spending our hard earned money.

No comments:

Post a Comment